What an amazing post! Well worth the read!
Today I’ll show you one of the ancient medicinal herbs Ashwagandha and explain why is beneficial for physically active people.
What is Ashwagandha?
Its botanical name is Withania somnifera it’s cultivated in dry regions of India ”Indian ginseng” and also found in Nepal, China, and Yemen, It has been used for over 3,000 years to relieve stress, increase energy levels and improve concentration. Extracts or powder from the plant’s root or leaves is used to treat a variety of conditions. However, you can get whole roots and prepare your self as a teas or powders. There is a long list benefit of using Ashwagandha some of them here:
- reduces blood sugar levels
- it has anti-cancer properties
- it can reduce cholesterol levels
- help reduce stress and anxiety
- It can boost testosterone and increase fertility in men
- Ashwagandha may increase muscle mass and strength
- it may improve brain function, including memory
View original post 149 more words